Hawaiian Grilled Coconut Shrimp Skewers
Try this nice grilled shrimp kabobs..!
- 1 can cup coconut milk (reserving 3 tablespoons for later)
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 24 jumbo shrimp - raw, shell removed (tails can be left on)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sweet shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon dark rum, optional
Approx. 12 Fresh Pineapple cubes
Mix marinade ingredients together and marinate shrimp for about 4-6 hours prior to cooking. After marinating shrimp, soften butter and mix with coconut milk, shredded coconut, and dark rum, if desired. Blend together well. Skewer shrimp onto skewers, adding a pineapple cube in between every other shrimp. Cook over open flame or under a hot broiler 3 to 4 minutes on each side. After turning once, brush with butter mixture. Continue cooking until done.
That's all there is to it. Fire up your grill and enjoy.